200+ Christmas Captions For Instagram You Can Use This Holiday Season
If you’re looking for Christmas captions for Instagram, you’ve come to the right place. Christmas is coming fast and your customers are making their lists and checking them twice. Position your products or service as a must-buy this holiday season by sharing cute Christmas captions to help you make more sales.
Digital marketing is an essential method of promoting your holiday sales. 70% of people shop online at Christmas — a number that will likely rise even higher this year with the COVID-19 pandemic affecting in-store retail experiences. Eight out of ten holiday shoppers are influenced by the Internet before making a purchase. And social media is the dominant marketing channel to help you reach customers.
Instagram marketing is a must to help your holiday sales thrive. But the holiday season is a busy time of year. You might feel pulled in a million directions, with little time to sit down and sketch out creative Instagram posts. That’s where these Christmas captions for Instagram come in!
This list of captions for Christmas includes over 200 cute Christmas captions that you can use for your Instagram posts in December. We’ve done the research for you — just scroll down the list to find your funny Christmas captions of choice to help your engagement and sales rise.
Before we get into the captions, though, we’re going to cover a few other Christmas marketing tips for Instagram. While captions are important, they aren’t the be-all, end-all. You can have a stellar caption, but if your photo, hashtags, and other aspects of your content aren’t up to par, the caption won’t matter a bit. Your Instagram marketing strategy should be comprehensive, covering all of the important details that go into an Instagram post.
Here are a few key Christmas marketing tips for Instagram to help you succeed with sales this holiday season.
Christmas Marketing Tips For Instagram
Essentially, the same Instagram best practices that you would use any other time of year apply at Christmas, too. But it’s up to you to put a festive spin on your feed. Use these real-life examples from brands to get some inspiration to spruce up your Instagram account this December.
When should you start advertising your Christmas sales on Instagram? 40% of consumers are already doing their holiday shopping before Halloween even hits. And this year, COVID-conscious consumers are shopping even earlier in an effort to stay safe while purchasing gifts. That means early November is totally fair game for you to begin sharing Christmas discounts and sales.
Target shared its first Christmas 2020 post on November 10th, asking customers whether they decorated before or after Thanksgiving. The post, which featured Target stockings and other products arranged on a fireplace, got a lot of engagement and was a great way to kick off the Christmas season.
“I no longer have to spend hours upon hours trying to gain followers. Kicksta has helped me do that!”
Sally Harris, Social Media Manager
“With Kicksta, we’re able to see the impact they have on our Instagram account based on the engagement they drive, most of which we would not be able to do on our own.”.
Ryan and Andrew Beltran, Original Grain
“Kicksta has helped me consistently gain legitimate and engaged followers each month”.
Todd Pinckney, Solopreneur
“I started with Kicksta in October of 2018 and grew my base from 2500 to 10.5K in just 2 months”
Kristi Eide, Influencer
“Kicksta has enabled me to create a global network of like-minded people in the fashion industry and adjacent industries”.
Arianna Reagan, Arcana Founder
“Kicksta is immensely helpful in building my Instagram base not only with REAL followers and accounts, but with accounts that care about my product and business.”
Marteal Mayer, Loulette Bride Founder
Want to organically grow your Instagram and gain REAL followers?
Do Influencer Marketing
Instagram influencer marketing is a hugely popular industry that’s only getting bigger. Some businesses are making $5.20 for every $1 spent on influencer marketing. This marketing strategy is so effective because consumers trust influencers. To many people, the social media influencers they follow feel like their friends — and we’re all willing to trust recommendations from our friends.
Last year, YouTuber Kiara Madisen partnered with Bose to share Bose’s new Headphones 700 with her followers. Kiara posted a cute Christmas-themed photo of herself with the product. In her caption, she briefly shared the product specs along with some relevant hashtags and then encouraged her followers to leave a comment and let her know if they’d be asking for Bose headphones for Christmas.
Tag Your Products
By now, you’re probably familiar with Instagram’s product tagging feature. It’s simple to use: Just link your Instagram account with your Facebook product catalog so you can tag the products in your photos, just like you’d tag a person. This feature is also highly effective, allowing your followers to learn more about a product or make a purchase with just a few taps.
In this festive, Christmassy shot, Land’s End tagged multiple products for its followers to check out. The photo shows several products — pants, a sweater, a hat, gloves, and shoes — that make up the perfect holiday outfit. Viewers can tap each individual product tag to learn more about their favorite item. Don’t forget to pair your product tags with cute Christmas captions for Instagram, too: “Now, THAT is a Christmas card outfit.”
Invest In Product Photography
High-quality product photos are a must for every time of year, but they’re especially essential at Christmas. High-quality photos help your feed look professional and make people more likely to follow your account and engage with your posts.
This photo from Lily’s Sweets is a great example of good product photography. Showing a pair of hands holding three of Lily’s chocolate bars, the photo is colorful, beautiful, and perfectly showcases the product.
We also loved this festive product flatlay shot from Hollister. Find creative ways to accessorize your products and add fun, Christmassy touches in your product photography.
Take your inspiration from brands like Lily’s and Hollister as you snap product photos this Christmas.
Incorporate GIFs And Video Content
Don’t feel like you have to stick to only photos at Christmas. GIFs and videos are popular and effective on Instagram, too. Millions of Instagram users watch video content on the platform each day, and videos often generate more comments than photos.
This fun GIF from Starbucks shows a coffee cup snipping back and forth, with a cloud of caramel flakes in the air surrounding it. It’s a great way for Starbucks to spice up its Instagram feed with something a little different that catches the eye.
Use Christmas Hashtags
Hashtags are important to include on your Instagram posts to help more people find your account. Most brands add general hashtags that are related to their industry in addition to more specific hashtags pertaining specifically to their product or service. Location-based hashtags and branded hashtags are helpful, too.
Glitz Handicraft used several hashtags in this Christmas post. The company started out with the branded hashtag #christmaswithglitz. Then it added several Christmas-related hashtags (such as #christmasdiscount) and several product-related hashtags, too (such as #dreamcatchers and #keychain). Glitz covered all of its bases to make sure as many people as possible could find its products during the holiday season and beyond.
Be Active On Instagram Stories
If you aren’t already using Instagram Stories to market your brand, this Christmas is the time to start. IG Stories are used by 500 million Instagrammers every day. And since 50% of all brands on Instagram create at least one Story per month, it’s important to take advantage of this Instagram feature so you can compete.
Bath & Body Works is one company on top of their Christmas Instagram Stories game. A recent Instagram Story sequence started out with this cute cover, urging viewers to tap to reveal the Santa-approved winter wonderland gifts. When you tap through the slides, you see several of the company’s 2020 holiday products (with the option to view more about the product). At the end, Bath & Body Works added a Questions box asking their customers what their favorite fragrance was. This is a great example of how you can use Instagram Stories to interact with your followers this holiday season.
Run Contests Or Giveaways
Instagram contests and giveaways help you increase your brand awareness and get more people engaged with your business. In fact, Instagram accounts that run regular giveaways grow 70 times faster than those who don’t.
Try combining your giveaways with your influencer marketing to reach even more Instagram users. YouTuber Jeanine Amapola, who has 342,000 followers on Instagram, partnered with imPRESS Manicure last year to run a giveaway. Jeanine shared a photo of herself wearing imPRESS nails along with an up-close shot of the product. Then she invited her followers to comment below and tag two friends for a chance to win the full imPRESS fall/winter collection. Jeanine also gave all of her followers the code JEANINE20 to use for 20% off.
Repost User-Generated Content
User-generated content is defined as any content that’s created by your customers instead of your brand. It helps you appear more authentic and create trust with your followers on Instagram.
MELT Ice Cream regularly reposts photos that its customers have shared. Last Christmas, this delicious-looking shot of the Santa’s Cookies flavor took center stage.
How can you find user-generated content? Simple: Ask for it! Encourage your customers to tag you on Instagram in their photos or Stories from a visit to your business. Then ask for their permission to repost their images on your account. There’s no better way to encourage new customers to give you a visit — and this tactic saves you time on creating marketing content, too.
Give yourself the gift of new followers this Christmas!
If you are struggling to get the attention you deserve on Instagram, sign up for Kicksta today and start attracting more followers who are interested in your brand.
Christmas Captions For Instagram
Now that you know the important points of your Instagram marketing strategy for Christmas, you’re ready to add the final piece of the puzzle: captions! Whether you’re looking for funny Christmas captions, cute Christmas captions, or something in between, we’ve got the perfect caption for you. Read on to find 200+ Christmas captions for Instagram that will fit into any holiday marketing strategy.
Cute Christmas Captions
- “Jingle bell rockin.”
- “It’s a happy holiday.”
- “Cozy nights and Christmas lights.”
- “Merry everything and happy always.”
- “All spruced up.”
- “The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.”
- “Deck the halls.”
- “Fa la la la la, la la la la.”
- “A December to remember.”
- “You rock my Christmas socks.”
- “Christmas wishes and mistletoe kisses.”
- “Season’s eatings and holiday spirits.”
- “Merry and bright.”
- “Believe in the magic of the season.”
- “It’s Christmas jammie time.”
- “Keep calm and Christmas on.”
- “I’ve been ready for Christmas since December 26th.”
Classic Captions For Christmas
- “Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring — not even a mouse.”
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.”
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.”
- “For the spirit of Christmas fulfills the greatest hunger of mankind.”
- “Peace on earth, goodwill to men.”
- “Good tidings for Christmas and a happy new year.”
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.”
Funny Christmas Captions
- “Weekend forecast: Hallmark Christmas movies with a chance of baking.”
- “December is my cheat day.”
- “Christmas is about more than presents. There are also cookies.”
- “At Christmas, calories don’t count.”
- “May all your sweaters be ugly and bright.”
- “Resting Grinch face.”
- “Deck the halls like Chip and Joanna are watching.”
- “I’ve been ready for Christmas since December 26th.”
- “Dear Santa: I’ve been good all year. Most of the time. Once in a while. Never mind, I’ll buy my own stuff.”
- “‘Made with love’ means I licked the spoon and kept using it.”
- “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. But if the white runs out, I’ll drink the red.”
- “Let’s get lit.”
- “This Christmas instead of gifts I’m giving everyone my opinion. Get excited.”
- “It’s beginning to cost a lot like Christmas.”
- “Christmas: The only time of the year when you can sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks.”
- “When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but 10 extra pounds on my hips, thighs, and rear.”
- “Dear Santa, please refer to my Pinterest boards.”
- “A virgin birth I can believe. But finding three wise men?”
- “Once again, we come to the holiday season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.”
- “The high for today was 54. The low was eating an entire batch of cookies.”
- “All I want for Christmas is a silent night.”
- “A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.”
- “Time to get your fake ‘it’s just what I wanted’ faces ready.”
- “Michael Buble is defrosting as we speak.”
- “Currently suffering from OCD — Obsessive Christmas Disorder.”
- “I’m only a morning person on December 25th.”
- “Here comes Amazon, here comes Amazon, right down my driveway.”
Christmas Captions For Instagram Inspired By Songs
- “In the air there’s a feeling of Christmas.”
- “Have a holly jolly Christmas!”
- “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…”
- “Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock!”
- “Santa baby, hurry down the chimney tonight!”
- “Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la, la la la la.”
- “Have yourself a merry little Christmas.”
- “All I want for Christmas is you.”
- “We can hardly stand the wait. Please Christmas, don’t be late.”
- “Although it’s been said many times, many ways, Merry Christmas to you.”
- “I’ll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.”
- “We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.”
- “Silver bells, silver bells, it’s Christmas time in the city.”
- “Silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright.”
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.”
- “Christmastime is here, happiness and cheer. Fun for all that children call, their favorite time of year.”
- “Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose. And if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows!”
- “Simply having a wonderful Christmastime!”
- “I heard the bells on Christmas Day, their old, familiar carols play. And wild and sweet, the words repeat, of peace on earth goodwill to men.”
Christmas Captions For Instagram Inspired By Movies
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”
- “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: Candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.”
- “There’s room for everyone on the nice list.”
- “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.”
- “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.”
- “Son of a nutcracker!”
- “Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
- “There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen.”
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
- “Don’t be a cotton-headed ninny muggins.”
- “For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we’re the people we always hoped we would be.”
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.”
- “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal.”
- “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.”
- “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”
- “Nobody’s walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas.”
- “Santa! I know him!”
- “Fra-gee-lay. Must be Italian.”
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action.”
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.”
- “Peace on earth will come to stay when we live Christmas every day.”
- “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.”
- “As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year.”
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.”
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”
- “The earth has grown old with its burden of care, but at Christmas it always is young.”
- “The gift of love. The gift of peace. The gift of happiness. May all these be yours at Christmas.”
- “For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.”
Serious Or Meaningful Captions For Christmas
- “Christmas is not a time or a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. — Calvin Coolidge”
- “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves. — Eric Sevareid”
- “God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it. — Pope Francis”
- “May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.”
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year. — Charles Dickens”
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. — Roy L. Smit”
- “Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind.”
- “It was always said of him that he knew how to keep Christmas well. May that be truly said of us. — Charles Dickens”
- “And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world most seemingly indifferent. — Taylor Caldwell”
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”
- “We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime. — Laura Ingalls Wilder”
- “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving. — Mother Theresa”
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.”
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.”
- “Isn’t it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for — I don’t know what exactly, but it’s something that you don’t mind so much not having at other times. — Kate L. Bosher”
- “What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. — Agnes M. Pahro”
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that? — Bob Hope”
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another. — Carrie Fisher”
- “God bless us, every one!”
- “Christmas is a piece of home that one carries in one’s heart. — Freya Stark”
Snow And Winter Captions
- “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.”
- “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.”
- “It’s a marshmallow world!”
- “There’s snowplace like home.”
- “Sleighing the game.”
- “The cold never bothered me anyway.”
- “It’s snow joke outside.”
- “Snow much fun!”
- “When snow falls, nature listens.”
- “My favorite outdoor activity is going back inside and putting my pajamas on.”
- “You’re never too old for a snowball fight.”
- “When life gives you snow, make snow angels.”
- “There’s snow business like snow business.”
- “Walking in a winter wonderland.”
- “Ice, ice, baby.”
- “Do you want to build a snowman?”
- “Baby, it’s cold outside.”
- “I’m s-mitten.”
- “How does a snowman get to work? By icicle.”
- “Jack Frost nipping at your nose…”
- “Winter is coming.”
- “We’re all like snowflakes — beautiful in our own ways.”
- “Love at frost sight.”
- “It’s a winterful life.”
- “License to chill.”
- “Keep calm and wait for snow.”
- “Tis the season to sparkle.”
- “”Paradise doesn’t have to be tropical.”
- “Stay cozy!”
- “Hot chocolate weather.”
- “Cold hands, warm heart.”
- “Every day I’m shovelin’.”
- “The snuggle is real.”
Santa Christmas Captions For Instagram
- “Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas!”
- “Dear Santa, I can explain.”
- “Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring — except for people with kids who still believe in Santa.”
- “Santa told Mommy he wants wine this year.”
- “One more cookie and I’ll fit in the Santa costume.”
- “He’s making a list and checking it twice.”
- “The greatest thing is not to believe in Santa Claus; it is to be Santa Claus.”
- “I’m Claus-trophobic.”
- “Santa’s coming? I know him!”
- “Let’s hope Santa won’t get killed using Apple Maps this Christmas.”
- “Not believe in Santa Claus! You might as well not believe in fairies!”
- “You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger.”
- “Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip.”
- “Don’t wait until Christmas to play Santa Claus.”
- “The real Santa Claus is at the mall.”
- “Of course there is a Santa Claus. It’s just that no single somebody could do all he has to do. So the Lord has spread the task among us all. That’s why everybody is Santa Claus. I am. You are. — Truman Capote”
- “How dreary would be the world if there was no Santa Claus! There would be no childlike faith, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence.”
- “Santa Claus doesn’t come down through the chimney. He enters through the heart.”
- “There are three stages of a man’s life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.”
Family Captions For Christmas
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: The presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. — Burton Hills”
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly. — Andy Rooney”
- “Mankind is a great, immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas. — Pope John XXIII”
- “Love the giver more than the gift.”
- “Home is where the Hallmark channel movies are.”
- “I do come home at Christmas. We all do, or we all should. — Charles Dickens”
- “‘Christmas is a togethery sort of holiday,’ said Pooh. ‘That’s my favorite kind,’ said Piglet.”
- “Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united. — Norman Vincent Peale”
- “A family like you makes the season bright.”
- “Christmas is a holiday that we celebrate not as individuals nor as a nation, but as a human family. — Ronald Reagan”
- “The best present on Christmas is spending time with family.”
- “It’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.”
- “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.”
- “Holidays bring out the best in family dysfunction.”
- “We’re just like a bunch of candy canes: sweet and slightly twisted.”
- “Happy holidays from Santa’s favorite elves.”
- “Deck the halls and not your family, fa la la la la.”
Business Christmas Captions For Instagram
- “Season’s greetings from the very merry team at [company name].”
- “We appreciate your business throughout this year!”
- “From all of us at [company name] to all of you, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.”
- “What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.”
- “How is Christmas like a day at the office? You do all the work and the fat guy in the suit gets all the credit.”
- “Sit back, relax, and don’t think about reports and spreadsheets. Happy Holidays!”
- “Christmas begins about the first of December with an office party and ends when you finally realize what you spent, around April fifteenth of the next year. — P.J. O’Rourke”
- “Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.”
- “Season’s greetings and holiday wishes for the new year.”
- “May all your days be merry and bright!”
- “Wishing you all the light and warmth of Christmas this season.”
- “May this Christmas outshine the rest.”
Top Captions for Christmas in Other Languages
- “Feliz Navidad.”
- “Stille Nacht.”
- “Joyeux Noel.”
Use These Christmas Captions For Instagram This Year
For brands, Christmas is a competitive time of year. Get a leg up and make more sales by using these captions for Christmas to take your Instagram marketing to the next level. Whether you choose funny Christmas captions, cute Christmas captions, or familiar lines from favorite songs or movies, sharing the Christmas spirit via your Instagram account is a great way to boost your revenue this holiday season!
Instagram Growth Hacks
Join over 10,000+ marketers and influencers who get the latest Instagram tips & tricks sent to their inbox every week